RateMyTeachers.com helps students, parents and faculty make informed decisions by promoting transparency within education.
Information Collection and Use
- Ratemyteachers.com collects personally identifiable information when you register for a Ratemyteachers.com account, when you visit Ratemyteachers.com pages, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes.
- When you register with Ratemyteachers.com, we ask for your name, email address, birth date, gender, phone number and zip code. Once you register with Ratemyteachers.com and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- Ratemyteachers.com also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, Ratemyteachers.com cookie information and the page you requested.
- Ratemyteachers.com uses information for three general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, to fulfill your requests for certain products and services, and to contact you about specials and new products.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Ratemyteachers.com will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone.
- Ratemyteachers.com may send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when:
- We have your consent to share the information;
- We need to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of Ratemyteachers.com to provide a product or service to you. (Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us.);
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process.
- Ratemyteachers uses third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
- If you prefer, you can turn off cookies in your web browser by changing its security settings.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- Ratemyteachers.com gives you the ability to edit your Ratemyteachers.com Account Information and preferences at any time, including whether you want Ratemyteachers.com to contact you about specials and new products.
- Your Ratemyteachers.com Account Information is password-protected for your privacy and security.
- Ratemyteachers.com may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes in the way we use your personal information we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our pages.